claire

claire

Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Twists and Turns

It's been so long since I've had time to sit and write. So long in fact that I completely forgot what my last post was about. So when I opened up "A Bunch Of Barron's" just now I needed a reminder. And as I read my post from a few months ago I found myself covered in goose bumps and completely in awe of how God intricately weaves together the story of our lives.
 
In my last post I mentioned a letter Matt sent me in 2001. The letter in fact, that made me realize I loved him. The line that opened my eyes to that love was this ...
 
 
"I want to send my kids to you." 
 
 
When writing that letter, Matt had an unlikely dream of sending his someday children to my someday classroom. Today when I reread those words, the awesomeness of that long ago dream was not lost on me. In fact, it was more meaningful than ever. Because last month Matt and I decided that this fall we are going to home school our children. So it appears that in a twist and turn of events that only God could have known 13 years ago, Matt will indeed be sending his children to me!
 
Thank your Lord for knocking my socks off today.
 
Only you know how I needed this reassurance that the plan we have for our family is indeed a plan you are writing.
 
 
*     *     *
 
In his heart a man plans his course, but the LORD determines his steps.
Proverbs 16:9

2 comments:

  1. Did I tell you that we are also homeschooling in the fall? I'm excited and nervous/overwhelmed all at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so excited for you, Lynette. I know you are probably feeling overwhelmed at the moment, but you are going to be an incredible homeschooling mom, because you are already an incredible and intentional mom! I love how God reassured you yesterday - I love it when He does that!! Know that I am here, cheering you on. :-)

    ReplyDelete