claire

claire

Tuesday, May 15, 2018

Asleep at the Pizza



I miss this space.
The ease of Instagram and those catchy 20 second stories has made it such that I hardly hop on here. But I do miss this space. 
And I think it's time I came back. 

Perhaps it's not so much the space I miss, as what the space represents.
It almost seems like the mom who so affectionately pinned "a bunch of Barron's" all those years ago was a different person. As a 40 year old homeschooling mom of 5, I feel, well, aged. I'd like to say I feel aged like a fine wine, but let's be honest, I've had some fine wines, and where they are smooth, slow and full of body, I am more often than not rough, quick tempered and tired in my body. 

A few weeks ago we went to Napa to celebrate my 40th birthday and enjoy some of those fine wines. It was divine. And I'm quite sure that every picture that made it's way onto social media from that weekend pictured my looking something like this ... 


I can't say this picture is far from how I actually felt that entire weekend. Kid free, care free, warm, fuzzy and happy as a lark. It was everything I wanted for a 40th birthday. However, for the sake of transparency, I have to share this photo from the "blooper real" of that amazing weekend ... 


Now this picture, with me sleeping in my pizza (and Matt blissfully unaware I might add)?
This is real life. The humor of these two shots are not lost on me. In fact, I nearly spit out my pinot laughing when I saw this picture of me ...

Sleeping in my pizza. 

It's just such a metaphor for life so much of the time. Don't get me wrong. I love this crazy ride, and I must the energy and laughter it takes to soak up the moments, but I also sleep in my pizza. Usually while white knuckle fisting a glass of the finest wine Adam can serve me (more on that later). 

No comments:

Post a Comment