claire

claire

Tuesday, May 22, 2018

Hot Wings

               If reading this blog ever makes anyone feel like I know what I'm doing, I need to shut this puppy down.

On any given day, if you were to check my text messages or overhear my jargon, you would hear me utter two phrases frequently. So frequently in fact, that they could be part of our family motto (in addition to Luke 10:27 of course). The first one is "we're coming in hot" because when we load up in our 12 passenger van and head out we are the epitome of the urban dictionary definition  ... 



2
To arrive somewhere in an extremely epic fashion with much style * and flair; almost to the point of being out of control.
wow,that guy just hopped the curb, drove in the exit, and parked crooked in the parking spot. He's coming in hot!

* In our case, "much style" means high water pants, uncombed hair and yo-yo holsters on our hips. 


The second mantra that is the hallmark of our sunup to sundown is "on a wing and a prayer." 

How did we get through that math lesson? On a wing and a prayer. How did I save the chickens from the dog while simultaneously wiping a poopy bottom and micromanaging helping Claire make cookies? On a wing and a prayer. The phrase "on a wing and a prayer" comes with this simple and fitting definition: with only the slightest chance of success.

Um .. nailed it! You guys, the odds are NOT in my favor. And if productivity and Instagram standards are the measure of success, we aren't just simultaneously coming in hot and on a wing and a prayer, we are also a day late and a dollar short!

All I can say is thank goodness for grace, a sense of humor, and Jesus. 




















No comments:

Post a Comment