claire

claire

Friday, July 29, 2011

Deep Thoughts

I love eavesdropping on Henry and Adam. Their "conversations" mostly consist of Henry telling Adam things, Adam saying "No He (Henry)!"  and Henry yelling, "Yes Adam!!!" The other day as I was making their lunch and they were arguing conversing I heard:

HENRY: Adam, did you know God made us for his art?

I froze. In stopped production of the PB&J factory on my counter and my eyes teared up. In moments like these I am so in awe of my children and my God. I am amazed how He reveals himself to the little ones such as these. And I am humbled by the simple faith of a child. In the midst of slathering jelly on crust less bread I was reminded that "we are God's handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which he created in advance for us to do." (Ephesians 2:10)

Thank you Lord, for using my children daily to draw me closer to you.

2 comments: