claire

claire

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Word To The Wise

Three car seats in the backseat of a big truck can be difficult to coordinate. Picture Adam on one side, Claire in the middle, and Henry on the other side. Poor Claire is stuck between the boys because otherwise they fight way too much. Today as I was attempting to place a sleeping Claire in the middle car seat Adam kept trying to touch her and I desperately wanted her to stay asleep.

ME: Adam please don't touch baby Claire. If you wake her up she will scream her head off and none of us want that.
HENRY: Adam, we don't want that. If she screams her head off one of us will have to sew it back on. And it won't be me.

Not sure whose comment was more effective, mine or Henry's. But Adam didn't touch Claire again.

2 comments:

  1. a couple thoughts....If I had any motivation, I'd collaborate on a book with you. Heck, we're funny. 2nd Love that "hat" has become a code word for cantelope size nursing boobs. 3rd my friends (friends you don't know) LOVE reading your blog--Keep writing. 4th I also love how you're labeling things to set yourself up for your book when the time comes. 5th I MISS YOU (almost erased that b/c it sounded like gay mom love) (almost erased that too) 6th yes, I really want to do big sur, just scared.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG! I just read this one....are you kidding me?! hahahaha

    ReplyDelete