claire

claire

Saturday, February 4, 2012

The Birds and Bees

For some reason the boys love to watch me change Claire's nasty diapers. They cringe and plug their noses and laugh uncontrollably. I think it has something to do with their fascination with the word "poop" which they love to slip into every conversation possible. 

The other day as Henry was observing a diaper change this little interaction transpired.

HENRY: "Yuck. She got poop all over her wiener."
ME: "She doesn't have a wiener Henry."
HENRY: "She got poop all over where her wiener is going to grow."
ME: "She's not going to grow a wiener Henry."
HENRY (pausing to think): "Well just put clothes on her and she'll still be as cute as ever."

I am so relieved to know that my baby girl will still be accepted. Even if she never grows a wiener.

2 comments:

  1. HA! I would have been relieved he left it at that!:) When the girls were3-4 months Sam asked what was wrong with their butts?:) I think he thought the crack went all the way around:) and then recently we had to label it- sigh. Then as if that wasn't hard enough he connected the dots that his friend Eden must have a Vagina- ahhhhhhhhhh! I thought it was going to be a problem at school, but it wasn't (we talked about where and with whom you ask those questions, but still you never know) I did let the teacher know it had been a hot topic at home just in case.......

    ReplyDelete