claire

claire

Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Mother's Day

On Sunday I celebrated my 6th Mother's Day. This picture captures perfectly how I felt that day from the moment I opened my eyes in the morning to the minute I laid my head on my pillow that night.



Motherhood is the most awesome gift I've received. Because of it I've been stretched beyond my wildest dreams. I have learned am learning how to become more selfless with my time, desires, and sleeping habits. Everyday I find a new reason to love Matt more deeply than the day before. And with each living, breathing, back-talking blessing we add to our family I am learning that my ability to love and guide my children is best reflected in the love that Christ has for me.

*   *   *

Thank you Matt for being such a joyful companion down the road of parenthood. In my heart of hearts I know that we were made to journey though life together. Henry, Adam and Claire are so blessed by your example. Our boys are learning to be dedicated, hard working, loving fathers' and Claire will know what kind of man she should look for when we let her start dating at 43.



And to my big-hearted first born Henry, thank you for loving me! Your encouraging words bless me daily. Your hugs and kisses surprise me when I need them the most. And when I look into your big brown eyes and see myself reflected there I am reminded of the miracle of life.





And Adam Scott Barron, how do I begin to describe the joy, life and laughter you bring to my life. Your love of hard work (especially outdoors with dada) inspires me. Your big voice, hilarious words, and "broken tooth" smile make me laugh from the depths of my belly. The honesty that flows from your heart melts my own. You have a determination that is unparalled.





And to the little girl who made us a family of five, you are loved by all of us more than you will know. Your smile melts me, and your dad and your brothers and your grandma and every grocery checker or stranger we pass on the street. You've been described on numerous occasion as "sparkly" and I tend to agree. You are sweet and feisty and you bring out the best in me.




I love all of you bunches.


1 comment:

  1. OK... Claire on the phone with the little stroller... too cute. :)
    Such a sweet post! Your babies thank you for taking the time to notice them... (and she needs to date a little earlier if you want grandkids). ;)

    ReplyDelete